Your job search results: 3 Jobs Found
Your job search results:
Clinical Nurse Manager
Clinical Nurse Manager (Band 7) - Permanent role - Quedgeley, Gloucester
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Learning Disabilities/Mental Health Nurse (Band 7), to take on a lead role within a 5-bedded Residential Care Home with approximately 50 staff that specialises in providing high quality person-centred support for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
You will join the team as Registered Manager. Being at the forefront of clinical care delivery you will will be responsible for providing strong leadership to develop and improve the standard of daily living for their service users. You will lead the team during your shifts, mentor and motivate colleagues, champion safety and dignity, and drive continuous improvement and to develop a positive programme of support for student nurses, nurse associates and other students who may have a placement within the home.
- To assist the CEO in the Clinical aspects of ensuring that we promote a caring environment providing the highest standards of quality care in accordance with the Company's policies, ensuring all legislative requirements are met.
- Participating on the "on call" rota
- To promote and maintain the reputation of our client by providing best practice, bearing in mind the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the service users
- Work to NMC professional code of conduct, keeping up to date with continuous professional development and revalidation.
- Assist the CEO in the Clinical aspects of running the Home and in the provision and delivery of day to day support.
- Lead the team of Support Workers in your area of work in planning the support for service users, escort duty for appointments etc.
- Ensure that rooms and common spaces are properly cleaned, maintained and adequately heated.
- To work with new starters and their allocated Team Leader to provide on the job training ensuring that they learn the routine and best practice, promoting person centred care.
- Carrying out staff supervisions.
- Participate, if required, in external assessments of prospective new service users involving the service users and relatives where practicable.
- Devise comprehensive care plans for new service users involving service users and relatives where possible.
- Maintain full and accurate Care Plans for the service users in your care reviewing at least monthly and ensuring your care team also adhere to this task
- Report any changes to the service users' physical or emotional condition to the CEO
- Work with external health providers as appropriate (MDT)
- Responsible for ordering of all medication, maintain records to ensure accuracy and controls are in place with regard to medication distributed to service users. Train and review staff meds administration.
- Report writing as and when required
- Running core team meetings.
- Ensure that Policies/Procedures and staff handbook are adhered to by all staff, taking appropriate informal action in the first instance, recording outcomes. Referring to the CEO should any further concerns arise.
- Support the creation of a caring atmosphere, ensuring person centred care for the service users, family members and staff, whilst maintaining the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Be aware of security of both the service users and the building reporting any issues to the CEO and/or maintenance team.
- Working with the support team to encourage service users to maintain pre-existing hobbies, and ensuring the availability of equipment and materials as required
- Encourage the support team, relatives and friends to participate in these activities
- Maintain good relationships with all multidisciplinary teams
- Liaise with staff offering support and encouragement and promoting best practice and high quality care at all times
- Show prospective service users and their relatives / representatives around the home
- Arrange for staff cover caused by unexpected absence, with the core team's assistance.
- Ensure all team members and colleagues conform to presentation standards at all times
- Support the management team to ensure that both you and your staff attend their annual mandatory training
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, training, supervision and development activities
- Inform the CEO of any incidents that occur when carrying out your duties
- Be aware of Health and Safety at Work Act and report any hazards to the CEO
- Be aware of the fire policy and respond to all fire alarms appropriately, ensure that fire audits are undertaken in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties
- Understand your duty to whistleblow if you witness bad practice or harm to a service user in the home
- To undertake any task or duty that is within range of skill, qualification and/or experience
- Ensure the home is 'inspection ready' for CQC, be the lead person for the inspection and able to provide any information inspectors ask for in a timely manner.
- LD/MH Nursing Experience to Band 7
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Active NMC PIN
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Willingness to participate in training & development
- In depth understanding of Infection Prevention and Control
- Excellent Clinical Skills
- Management Experience
- Salary to be commensurate with experience
An exciting new opportunity for an experienced Healthcare Agency Manager has arisen at Retain Healthcare. This role is for a leader who will maintain quality, high standards, business development for new customers and growth of existing customer relationships. You will inspire the team to strive for quality, reliability and to achieve their personal and company objectives.
As the Agency Manager, you will oversee the KPI's, quality of service and management of the agency division. You will seek new opportunities, negotiate rates and permanent recruitment fees. Ensure the right candidates are recruited for the right place, at the right time with the right skills using recruitment methods including social media, job boards and arranging and attending recruitment events.
You will support the recruitment and retention coordinators and senior management team to Retain Quality within the services we provide. This will include daily team meetings, quarterly marketing campaigns and regular supervisions and appraisals.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As well as encouraging staff to maintain the growth of the business, you will play an integral part of support with marketing, business development and account management.
- Maintain and develop agency staffing levels
- Marketing and business development
- To ensure recruitment and retention coordinators and the branch overall hit their weekly KPI
CONTACTS & COMMUNICATIONS
Communication is key, and an ability to confidently discuss matters over the phone, face to face or by video.
- Be confident, have strong communication and leadership skills and be able to get people to buy into you and the service you provide.
- Have an ability to develop the relationships either face to face, over the phone and via video link.
- Excellent customer service skills; putting the customer first.
- A sound understanding of the healthcare agency market
- Proven track record
- Be competent with budgets, targets and understanding finances.
- Be forward thinking, self-motivated and persistent.
- Be trustworthy, intuitive, organised and methodical.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be approachable
- Able to handle complaints and resolve conflict.
- Understand CQC KLOES and the Care Act.
Must have a recruitment / sales or service management background.
- Excellent Salary Bonus
- 25 Days 8 Bank Holidays annual leave
- Extra days leave for your birthday
- Company Mobile
Salary £30-45K OTE
Deputy Manager (Community)
Deputy Manager - Cheltenham
A vacancy exists within Retain Healthcare; we are a dynamic homecare provider offering individuals support within their homes. This role will include building relationships with local authorities, social care and health community teams.
As a Deputy Manager you will report to the Branch Manager to ensure the smooth running of the branch maintaining it's excellent reputation, seek new opportunities, ensuring that the care and coordinating team follow company policies as well as national and local guidance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure the branch continues to grow and develop its homecare service.
- To ensure coordinators and the branch overall hit their weekly KPI, covering areas such as the recruitment of new staff, number of packages taken on and the development of our private funding customer base.
- Ensure that you and the team work together to create travel effective rotas in advance and that customers have a consistent high-quality service from people they know.
- Monitor candidate applications and that all new staff are recruited using safer recruitment guidelines. Ensure staff are recruited through our values based recruitment procedures and that they are suitable to support vulnerable people.
- Ensure the branch keep effective relationships with the staff, have an understanding of their work requirements. Ensure the team roster effectively, skill matching to specific needs are managed effectively.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all staff supervisions and annual appraisals happen in the branch in line with company policy
- You will deal with any staffing issues and support them appropriately, talking to them about performance concerns raised as they arise. You need to manage poor performance in line with ACAS guidelines.
- Ensure that the staff training matrix is up to date so that all staff are compliant to work and meet our customers' support needs. You will be responsible for the branch training and mentoring good practice to the coordinating team. Once staff have completed their training the training matrix and database (webroster) needs to be updated.
- Report and record any safeguarding concerns to the head of operations and quality.
- Carry out internal audits and escalate any concerns to the Branch Manager
- Attend training and expand your personal development, you will need to have the ability to use reflective practice and that learning logs are completed so that lessons can be learnt and improve overall service delivery for the branch
- Ensure that QA are sent out in line with company policy, supporting the Head of Operations and Quality to create the annual quality report and links to the business development plan
- Cross sell other parts of business - inc Agency / Training / consultancy / homecare
- Meet and exceed realistic KPI's & targets
- Networking and building a good profile will be key to this role as part of ongoing business development.
- Always Strive for outstanding, ensuring our customers are looked after 'their problem is our problem' approach
- Ensure agency staff are paid appropriately and minimize mistakes within the branch
- Approve and Keep a record of holidays and ensure there is appropriate staffing levels to ensure capacity.
- Monitor sickness and absence of staff and work with staff to improve where their attendance is below the expected standard.
- You will need to ensure that the homecare service works in an outcome focused way that is person centered to the individual customer. Ensuing that support plans a written to a high standard and that risk assessments are carried out and reviewed in line with the company's policy. Mentoring to staff responsible for care plans and risk assessments on how this should be carried out.
Our commitment to your employment package will be:
- Excellent Salary Bonus
- Extra days leave for your birthday
- Quarterly performance bonus subject to KPI's
- Company Mobile
- Ongoing training and career development
- The opportunity to make a difference to people
For the full job description please contact in confidence.