You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Homecare Worker Cheltenham
Retain healthcare are seeking a Homecare Support Worker to join our team based in Gloucestershire. The company offers a flexible approach to working and have a true understanding of the work-life balance. You will also be offered a company pension scheme, annual leave accrual, night and weekend pay enhancements and first uniform for free. In addition, they reward training and loyalty by offering increased pay for NVQ and diploma qualifications, local training and your own personalised career development pathway.
The company is a fresh, innovative provider covering the South West, with recruitment experts who have the knowledge and background to offer you the most up to date and comprehensive training in both social care and clinical care skills. They are committed to safeguarding and will complete full employment checks in line with their safer recruitment process, including employment references and a DBS check.
In this role you will work in a variety of homecare settings where no two days are the same, you will be supporting people within Cheltenham, Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Stroud, North and South Cotswolds and the local surrounding villages, ensuring they enjoy a good quality of life. The quality of the service can only be delivered by people like you, who want to make a difference to the individuals it supports.
Your aim is to encourage service users towards the maximum degree of independence and to engage in activities appropriate to their abilities. As a Homecare Support Worker your duties will include:
- Assisting service users when getting up in the morning including washing/bathing, dressing/undressing, maintaining their personal appearance and getting to bed in the evening.
- Helping with the preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary.
- Providing assistance with toileting and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary.
- Maintaining commodes, washing clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary.
- Providing assistance with other tasks of personal daily living that the service user cannot manage and providing general support as part of a caring team.
- Encouraging and assisting with the management of medication, administering where necessary and monitoring health-related conditions such as dietary & fluid intake.
- Helping service users with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence. This includes the use of aids and other personal equipment.
To be a successful Homecare Support Worker you will have the following skills and experience:
- A full UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
- Love working with people and enjoy giving back to your local community.
- Kind, caring and compassionate nature.
- Prior experience isn't necessary but experienced carers are very welcome. Full training is provided however NVQs and Diplomas are always beneficial.
As the Homecare Support Worker, you will be required to work full or part-time to complete shifts between 7am until 11pm on a rota basis.
In return, the Homecare Support Worker will receive a salary of £10.00 per hour, plus mileage is paid at 25p per mile, plus other excellent benefits.
Even if you've always thought about working in care but never made the move, the company is here to help, support and train you! Full training provided.