Personal Assistant - Mere, Nr Warminster
Experienced Personal Assistants needed for part time day shifts and full time night shifts. You will have a minimum of 6 months experience within healthcare, support work. You will have a professional approach, promoting independent choices and providing continuity to this customer.
As a Personal Assistant you must:
* Respect and maintain strict confidentiality
* Be open minded and have a flexible attitude
* Have an understanding of, and a commitment to, disability equality
* Take direction from your customer and work in accordance with their wishes
* Have good verbal and written communication skills
* Know when to use your initiative and when to take a back seat
* Be reliable and punctual
* Be willing to provide all personal care
* Be willing to perform domestic tasks, e.g. ironing, cleaning, washing clothes.
Things the customer may enjoy:
* Going to the cinema
* Looking after pets
* Keeping the house clean and tidy
* Listening to music
* Time alone
* Going out - this can be something as simple as going food shopping, to spending a couple of nights away. These trips will never put the customer or the Personal Assistant in any situation which would breach health and safety regulations and the agency will always be informed if you are going away over-night. Also, the Personal Assistant will never be asked to contribute financially for any travel costs.
As you can imagine, many of these activities are currently restricted due to COVID-19 and lockdown regulations, as a result there will be variations to the duties included in this ever evolving time.
Working for Retain you will receive many benefits including:
- Weekly pay
- All of the benefits of a permanent employee with flexible Work to suit you
- Increased pay for NVQ / Diploma and Senior roles
- Night and Weekend pay enhancements
- Enhanced Bank Holiday pay
- Pension Scheme
- First Uniform Free
- Paid holidays
- Free Training
- Free 1st uniform
- Local training and your own career development pathway
- Retain Rewards - local discounts
- Guaranteed Hours available
- Recommend a friend bonus of up to £300 per introduction
Being a part of our team will include:
The quality of this service can only be delivered by people like you who want to make a difference to the individuals we support. We rely on our Personal Assistants to leave a good impression to form part of our ongoing reputation in the local area. We will continue to develop your skills through training to meet the needs and empower you to be the voice of Retain Healthcare
Our Ethos is the 4 R's, where we are always Retaining Quality, Retaining Independence, Retaining Staff and Retaining Skills.
This role may also be referred to as: Support Worker, Carer, Care Assistant, HCA, Healthcare Assistant, Care Giver.
COVID-19 volunteers welcome in all areas of Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire, Hampshire and Dorset