Homecare Support Worker
Covering Salisbury, Wilton, Amesbury and surrounding towns
Do you enjoy helping others? Are you a car driver who would enjoy variety and meeting new people?
- Weekly pay
- Flexible working options available
- No experience necessary, full training provided
- Company pension scheme
- Paid holidays
- First uniform for free
- Free DBS check
- Free Training with our City and Guilds accredited Training Company
- Guaranteed hours contract
- Your own personalised career development pathway
- Recommend a friend bonuses of upto £300 per referral (unlimited!)
If you are looking for Part or full time work available between 7:00am and 10.30pm in the Salisbury, Wilton, Amesbury and surrounding area, get in touch today!
Driving is essential with access to a vehicle and although advantageous no experience is required as we provide an extensive training program and plenty of shadowing shifts for new starters.
You will be enthusiastic and caring towards our community based customers we support, supporting people in their own homes to enable them to live as independently as possible!
As a homecare support worker your role will be focused on promoting independence for our customers with various needs such as older people and adults with physical disabilities.
No experience is required as we provide an extensive training program and plenty of shadowing shifts for new starters, so that you will be confident in your knowledge and skills. You will have regular supervisions to ensure your voice is heard and any additional training or support can be put in place without delay.
At Retain you can enjoy weekly pay as well as being offered a company pension scheme, paid holidays and first uniform for free. In addition, you can apply to complete NVQ and diploma qualifications, local training and your own personalised career development pathway.
What the job would entail:
- Assisting customers when getting up in the morning including washing/bathing, dressing/undressing, maintaining their personal appearance and getting to bed in the evening.
- Helping with the preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary.
- Providing assistance with toileting and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary.
- Maintaining commodes, washing clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary.
- Providing assistance with other tasks of personal daily living that the customer cannot manage and providing general support as part of a homecare support team.
- Encouraging and assisting with the management of medication, administering where necessary and monitoring health-related conditions such as dietary & fluid intake.
- Helping customers with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence. This includes the use of aids and other personal equipment.
To be a successful Homecare Support Worker you will have the following skills and experience:
- A full UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
- Love working with people and enjoy giving back to your local community.
- Kind, caring and compassionate nature.
- Prior experience isn't necessary but experienced carers are very welcome. Full training is provided however NVQs and Diplomas are always beneficial.
Retain Healthcare is a fresh, innovative provider covering the South West, with recruitment experts who have the knowledge and background to offer you the most up to date and comprehensive training in both social care and clinical care skills. We are committed to safeguarding and will complete full employment checks in line with their safer recruitment process, including employment references and a DBS check.
Our Ethos is the 4 R's, Retaining Quality, Retaining Independence, Retaining Staff and Retaining Skills...
#salisbury #wiltshire #supportingthecommunity #retainskills #teamretain #homecare #community #givingback #cityandguilds