You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Head of Nursing
Head of Nursing
A really exciting opportunity within a South Wiltshire based Specialist Hospital. We are seeking a candidate with Neuroreabilitation experience and will have had substancial experience within Nursing Roles and a minimum of 10 years experience is expected. You will have a proven track record of managing budgets, implimentation of change and delivery of service improvement initiaves.
On a daily basis you will be providing leadership and oversight to the Nurse and Care Teams. Ensuring all aspects of patient care and rehabilitation targets are achieved. Creating an atmosphere which promotes teamworking while delivering high quality care, patient outcome and rehabilitation goals.
- As part of the Senior Management Team, the post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day Nursing and Health care management of the service.
- Provide strong and expert professional and business support to clinical and care services, particularly in operational planning, and in ensuring the delivery of high-quality clinical services.
- Ensure occupancy is maximised by providing swift referral and assessment process working closely with referrals team. Also ensuring the movement along the care pathways are maximised. Ensuring commissioners are utilising the care pathway for patient progress.
- Responsible for the management and monitoring of all Nursing and Care staff across the South Newton Hospital in line with the organisation's workforce KPIs. This will include responsibility for planning, training and development and employee relations.
- Ensure that the delivery of care to patients meets the standards required by regulating bodies, and be the link in conjunction with the Registered Manager and Quality Lead to liaise with external agencies such as CCG, CQC, SOVA.
Delivery of Effective Care within the Organisation
- Take continuous responsibility for the delivery of specialist care needs of individual and groups of patients.
- Ensure patient information is collated, monitored and fully accurate, maintaining complete and contemporaneous records in line with NMC/ professional bodies and Trust standards.
- Communicate highly complex information about patients' conditions to multi- disciplinary team colleagues, to ensure effective delivery of patient treatments.
- To ensure that systems are established and maintained to ensure effective communication with patients / next of kin.
- Use advanced skills and expert knowledge to clinically lead and enable others to deliver best practice across the service.
- Lead and support others to recognise, prioritise and respond appropriately to urgent and emergency situations including the assessment and management of risk.
Establishing Effective Leadership and Communication
- Lead the Nurse and Care team ensuring all aspects of patient care and the rehabilitation process is achieved in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Ensure that Nursing staff are successfully working alongside the Interdisciplinary Team as well as supported within the Multidisciplinary Team
- Supervise Clinical Educators and Ward Managers in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Hospital Policy and Procedures.
- Carry out Appraisals and supervisions with direct reports, ensuring they are assisted to achieve their stated goals.
- To be aware of and implement the Organisation's Policies & Procedures and participate in the development of new policies as required.
- Demonstrate and embed the Values of the organisation in order they become an integral part of the post holders work and embed the principles into the organisation.
- The post holder will be required to participate in challenging grievance and disciplinary cases for staff with the guidance of HR.
Continuing Education, Professional and Personal Development
- To keep abreast of developments in healthcare and specifically neuro rehabilitation and make recommendations on how new and innovative ideas can be implemented.
- Ensure own compliance and compliance of others where appropriate with regard to mandatory training and NMC/Professional re-registration and revalidation requirements.
- Act as a clinical expert and information resource.
- Proactively develop, implement, and monitor public health and health promotion activities in accordance with national and local priorities
For the full job description and benefits, apply or contact Hannah at Retain Healthcare