Senior Care Assistant - North Wiltshire
Retain Healthcare are seeking a Senior Care Assistant to join our team based in the North Wiltshire area. We offer a flexible approach to working and have a true understanding of the work life balance. Shift times include 7am-2pm and 4pm-10pm.
The benefits you can enjoy include:
- Weekly pay
- Company pension scheme with NEST
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free DBS check
- Guaranteed hours contract
- Excellent free training with Retain Skills, our training provider accredited with Skills for Care
- Paid Holidays
- First uniform for free
- New car, car lease scheme
- Highstreet discounts
- Local discounts
In addition we reward training and loyalty by offering increased pay for NVQ and diploma qualifications, local training and your own, personalised career development pathway. Recommend us to a friend for a bonus of upto £300!
In this role you will work in a variety of community settings where no two days are the same, you will be supporting people within North Wiltshire, including Calne, Chippenham, Cricklade, Royal Wootton Bassett, Malmesbury and the local surrounding villages, ensuring they enjoy a good quality of life. The quality of the service can only be delivered by people like you, who want to make a difference to the individuals it supports.
As a Senior Care Assistant you will also be completing spot checks, risk assessments, quality monitoring, staff observations, mentoring new starters and support existing staff in addition to the usual Home Care work.
Your aim is to encourage people towards the maximum degree of independence and to engage in activities appropriate to their abilities. As a Senior Care Assistant your duties will include:
- Assisting people when getting up in the morning including washing/bathing, dressing/undressing, maintaining their personal appearance and getting to bed in the evening.
- Helping with the preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary.
- Providing assistance with toileting and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary.
- Maintaining commodes, washing clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary.
- Providing assistance with other tasks of personal daily living that the service user cannot manage and providing general support as part of a caring team.
- Encouraging and assisting with the management of medication, administering where necessary and monitoring health-related conditions such as dietary & fluid intake.
- Helping service users with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence. This includes the use of aids and other personal equipment.
- Covering office staff holidays and evening and weekend on-call, on a rota basis (Paid in addition)
To be a successful Senior Care Assistant you will have the following skills and experience:
- A full UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
- Love working with people and enjoy giving back to your local community.
- Kind, caring and compassionate nature.
- Be comfortable in coaching and supporting other team members.
- Previous experience as a Carer or Senior. Full training is provided however NVQs and Diplomas are always beneficial.
As the Senior Care Assistant, you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week and must be able to cover every other weekend, full time is preferable to complete shifts between 7am and 10pm on a rota basis. Your role will be a mixture of office and community work.
Retain Healthcare is a fresh, innovative provider covering the South West, with recruitment experts who have the knowledge and background to offer you the most up to date and comprehensive training in both social care and clinical care skills. They are committed to safeguarding and will complete full employment checks in line with their safer recruitment process, including employment references and a DBS check. We offer a flexible approach to working and have a true understanding of the work-life balance.
Internal and external applications welcomed.