Job title: Operational Clinical Deputy - Forest Of Dean
Accountable to: Registered Nursing Manager, Company Director and Responsible Individual
Retain Healthcare are working on behalf of our client - To work in conjunction with the existing clinical deputy manager in supporting the Registered Manager in the effective management of the home. Each deputy will hold certain areas of accountability, which are set out below. These are just an outline, and the list is by no means exhaustive or finalised.
- The teams operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Management is essentially Monday to Friday 9-5, with alternate weekends on call to support the Nurses and Team Leaders. Also, a flexibility to adjust working hours to support the needs of the home's operations, i.e., to work late shifts to support Night staff.
- There will be an expectation to work during the weekends, nights and during the week to support care staff and service users if there is a need due to rota issues or requested by the Registered Manager to manage an on-going project or issue.
You will be responsible for the Nurses rota and liaising with the Bank Nurses to cover shifts. There will be an expectation that you will also be providing shift cover for when Nurses are on annual leave, training or sickness and bank cover is not available.
- To plan and organise own daily work activities in an effective and efficient way under the supervision of Registered Manager
- To be available to assist the Registered Manager and Senior Clinical Deputy with 'out of hours' support in emergency situations.
- To participate in the mentoring of new staff.
- To maintain accurate records at all times.
- To provide leadership and management to the wider staff team in conjunction with the Registered Manager.
- To develop a positive staff team through role-modelling a positive and productive work ethic.
- To organise and attend Team Meetings with Support Workers, Seniors, Team Leaders and Nurses.
- To hold daily briefing meetings
Health and Safety
- To complete Regular Health and Safety assessments of the homes and facilities, ensuring that all hazards and risks are minimised and managed.
- To ensure that Policies and Procedures are up to date and that compliance with these is maintained across the homes.
- To complete regular audits as part of the 360 audit and ensure any actions are implemented immediately.
- To ensure that any maintenance requests and renovations are identified, and forms submitted.
- Ensure H&S file is up to date - including annual risk assessments
- Accident reports - complete log; liaise with staff member, visitor or service users and report back to Registered Manager
- Complete RIDDOR as needed
- Feedback to Registered Manager
- Responsible for supervision of staff assigned by Registered Manager
- All staff as needed if there are problems
- To monitor staff performance, including sickness and absence, and liaise with the Registered Manager and HR manager to ensure that any under-performance is resolved effectively.
- To ensure that all Return-to-Work Interviews are completed and reported to the Registered Manager.
- To ensure that Training needs for staff are identified and fulfilled in a timely and effective manner.
Recruitment and Inductions:
- Interview staff candidates as requested by Registered Manager
- Complete appropriate paperwork
- Give guided tour to new employee candidates
- Ensure new employees have appropriate induction paper work on first day and liaise with houses to ensure support and guidance is implemented.
- If appropriate support the new employee through their Induction.
- Ensure new employee has completed induction paper work
- To support the effective management of the daily rota and allocation of staff.
- Assist in phoning around for staff cover when needed
- Starting salary of £38,812.80, increasing to £39,644.80 after 6-month probation
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Free food and refreshments
- Free training and development
- Excellent supervision and support
- Friendly nurturing environment