Support Worker - Stroud
Retain Healthcare are a lead provider of experienced professional support workers with experience working with behaviours that challenge. We are seeking people with the qualities to deliver the highest standards of care and support for individuals with learning disabilities including Autism, profound multiple learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge. For this role it would be beneficial if you have experience with challenging behaviour and have undergone relevant training eg. PBM or other similar training.
You will need to support our customers with social activities, day trips, sport, searching for employment or attending college. If you are talented, caring and compassionate we would love to hear from you.
As an agency support worker you will have the flexibility to choose where and when you would like to work! With choice of a range of supported living services across Gloucestershire.
The role includes:
- Support people with personal care if required
- Participate positively in learning and development
- Support people to eat and drink
- Keep accurate daily records
- Support people to communicate in different ways
- Support people with their mobility
- Promote health and safety
- Support and encourage people to make choices and meet their outcomes
- Undertake other duties as appropriate
Working for Retain you will receive many benefits including:
- All of the benefits of a permanent employee with flexible work to suit you
- Increased pay for senior roles
- Night and Weekend pay enhancements
- Enhanced Bank Holiday pay
- Pension Scheme
- Free DBS check
- Paid holidays
- Free Training with a City and Guilds accredited training company
- Free first uniform
- Local training and your own career development pathway
- Retain Rewards - local discounts
- Guaranteed Hours available
- Recommend a friend bonus of up to £300 per introduction
Being a part of Team Retain will include the opportunity to work in a variety of settings, where no two days are the same, you will be supporting people within the local area, enabling them to enjoy a good quality of life, supporting good health and wellbeing.
The quality of this service can only be delivered by people like you who want to make a difference to the individuals we support. We rely on our Support Workers to leave a good impression and to form part of our ongoing reputation in the local area. We will continue to develop your skills through training to meet the needs and empower you to be the voice of Retain Healthcare.
Our Ethos is the 4 R's, where we are always Retaining Quality, Retaining Independence, Retaining Staff and Retaining Skills.
This role may also be referred to as: Support Worker, Carer, Care Assistant, HCA, Healthcare Assistant, Care Giver.