Reablement support worker
Shift patterns: 7:00-14:00 and/or 16:00-22:00
This role is part time or full time
We are looking for enthusiastic and caring individuals to support us in a new role, supporting Gloucestershire hospitals with their local discharges!
As a Reablement support worker your role will be focused on promoting independence for people who have been discharged from hospital, and in need of support in their own home. This will be a varied role supporting people with a range of needs and backgrounds, helping them get back to their normal lives.
No experience is required as we provide an extensive training program and plenty of shadowing shifts for new starters, so that you will be confident in your knowledge and skills.
At Retain you can enjoy weekly pay as well as being offered a company pension scheme, paid holidays and first uniform for free. In addition, you can apply to complete NVQ and diploma qualifications, local training and your own personalised career development pathway.
What the job would entail:
- Assisting service users when getting up in the morning including washing/bathing, dressing/undressing, maintaining their personal appearance and getting to bed in the evening.
- Helping with the preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary.
- Providing assistance with toileting and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary.
- Maintaining commodes, washing clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary.
- Providing assistance with other tasks of personal daily living that the service user cannot manage and providing general support as part of a caring team.
- Encouraging and assisting with the management of medication, administering where necessary and monitoring health-related conditions such as dietary & fluid intake.
- Helping service users with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence. This includes the use of aids and other personal equipment.
To be a successful Home Carer you will have the following skills and experience:
- A full UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
- Love working with people and enjoy giving back to your local community.
- Kind, caring and compassionate nature.
- Prior experience isn't necessary but experienced carers are very welcome. Full training is provided however NVQs and Diplomas are always beneficial.
Retain Healthcare is a fresh, innovative provider covering the South West, with recruitment experts who have the knowledge and background to offer you the most up to date and comprehensive training in both social care and clinical care skills. They are committed to safeguarding and will complete full employment checks in line with their safer recruitment process, including employment references and a DBS check.
Working for Retain you will receive many benefits including:
- All of the benefits of a permanent employee with flexible Work to suit you
- Increased pay for NVQ / Diploma and Senior roles
- Night and Weekend pay enhancements
- Enhanced Bank Holiday pay
- Pension Scheme
- First Uniform Free
- Holiday Pay Accrual
- Local training and your own career development pathway
- Retain Rewards - local discounts
- Guaranteed Hours available
- Recommend a friend bonus of up to £250 per introduction
Our Ethos is the 4 R's, Retaining Quality, Retaining Independence, Retaining Staff and Retaining Skills...
For more information please call us on 01242262700!