Role: Registered nurse
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Our client is a well known and respected care provider for the elderly, providing nursing care, dementia care, end of life and respite care.
We are looking for an experienced RN to provide person centred care at a nursing home set in the scenic grounds of a retirement village in Winscombe. This home has been designed to create an environment where residents can enjoy everyday life no matter where they are on life's journey.
''Care and compassion are at the heart of everything we do. It's been that way for nearly 100 years and is the reason why we're well-known and respected for the quality of our care in Bristol and North Somerset''
Our client values their staff and promotes a friendly and team working environment, as a Registered nurse you will be a senior member of staff providing support and guidance to healthcare assistants, allocating and managing staff, and building relationships with residents.
As a Registered nurse your role will include:
- Assessing and monitoring residents' clinical needs, including referral to medical/multi-disciplinary specialists
- Liaising with multi-disciplinary teams and communicating with all staff members including catering and housekeeping
- Administer drugs and undertake clinical procedures, such as venepuncture, subcutaneous fluids, intravenous medication, catheterisation, wound care and PEG feeds
- Lead on complex clinical care needs
- Deliver and direct on end of life care, including liaising with palliative team
- Manage and direct in medical emergencies
- Maintain a positive working environment which supports the holistic care of individuals
- Managing a team of healthcare assistants
We are looking for someone with experience in the following areas:
- Experienced in social care for older people, dementia rehabilitation and short term care
- Experience of working in a nursing home, hospital or community environment with older people.
- Experience of contributing to development of practice policies and procedures
- Performance management of team members
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Writing and maintaining care plans
- Good practice in relation to health and safety, first aid, moving and handling, food safety and infection prevention.
A strong understanding of:
- Standards of record keeping
- Safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- The ageing process
- Enhanced pay rates for weekends and nights
- Contributory pension scheme
- Savings on shopping
- Access to gym/pool
- Extensive induction programme and training opportunities
- Free parking
- 29 days holiday, plus bank holidays (pro rata)
*To apply you must be a qualified RN registered with the NMC*
For more information please contact us on 01242262700!