CARE MORE IN 2024!
As a Care Worker for Retain Healthcare, the main purpose of the position is to provide care and support to all of customers, (both individuals and families assessed as being in need of assistance).
You will enable customers to maintain their independence and quality of life in their own homes.
Our services are customer led, and we support our customers to achieve their personal outcomes, by using an outcome focused approach.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES -
- When required liaise with Social Workers, District Nurses and other agency professionals within the multidisciplinary team.
- Contribute towards communicating changes of requirements.
- Ensure that you work within the company policies and procedures.
- Attending training and expanding your personal development
- Assist customers as appropriate with their personal needs, such as dressing, washing, meal preparation and access to their community as detailed in the Care Plan.
- When working within a customer’s home setting you may be assisting customers with, or where necessary carry out light housework, such as dusting, sweeping/ vacuuming carpets, living rooms/ kitchens/ bathrooms and toilets, polishing furniture using dusters/ mops/ equipment, washing and ironing clothing and bed linen, preparing and cooking a meal.
- Following the outcome focused model, encourage customers to undertake personal care and tasks which they are capable of, recognising that their abilities may change, in some circumstances, on a day-to-day basis
- A kind, approachable, caring, and passionate individual
- Drivers licence
- Own a car
- A desire to provide quality care and make a difference in the lives of others
- Available between 7am-2pm or 4pm-10pm
- Get paid - for all travel,visits & training
- Guaranteed hours contract - know your earnings every week
- Flexible hours both full and part time with a range of shift patterns
- 40p per mile for travel
- Weekly pay
- All training provided is endorsed by Skills for Care through our training company Retain Skills
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Free Lifestyle card
- Access to a vehicle when yours is off the road
- Blue Light card
- Lifestyle discount card
- DBS Rebate Reimbursement
- Potential to progress your career further with employment opportunites and Diplomas.
Retain Healthcare Ltd and Retain Skills (South West) Ltd are an equal opportunities employer, offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and DBS Check.