Clinical Nurse Manager (Band 7) - Permanent role - Quedgeley, Gloucester
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Learning Disabilities/Mental Health Nurse (Band 7), to take on a lead role within a 5-bedded Residential Care Home with approximately 50 staff that specialises in providing high quality person-centred support for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
You will join the team as Registered Manager. Being at the forefront of clinical care delivery you will will be responsible for providing strong leadership to develop and improve the standard of daily living for their service users. You will lead the team during your shifts, mentor and motivate colleagues, champion safety and dignity, and drive continuous improvement and to develop a positive programme of support for student nurses, nurse associates and other students who may have a placement within the home.
- To assist the CEO in the Clinical aspects of ensuring that we promote a caring environment providing the highest standards of quality care in accordance with the Company's policies, ensuring all legislative requirements are met.
- Participating on the "on call" rota
- To promote and maintain the reputation of our client by providing best practice, bearing in mind the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the service users
- Work to NMC professional code of conduct, keeping up to date with continuous professional development and revalidation.
- Assist the CEO in the Clinical aspects of running the Home and in the provision and delivery of day to day support.
- Lead the team of Support Workers in your area of work in planning the support for service users, escort duty for appointments etc.
- Ensure that rooms and common spaces are properly cleaned, maintained and adequately heated.
- To work with new starters and their allocated Team Leader to provide on the job training ensuring that they learn the routine and best practice, promoting person centred care.
- Carrying out staff supervisions.
- Participate, if required, in external assessments of prospective new service users involving the service users and relatives where practicable.
- Devise comprehensive care plans for new service users involving service users and relatives where possible.
- Maintain full and accurate Care Plans for the service users in your care reviewing at least monthly and ensuring your care team also adhere to this task
- Report any changes to the service users' physical or emotional condition to the CEO
- Work with external health providers as appropriate (MDT)
- Responsible for ordering of all medication, maintain records to ensure accuracy and controls are in place with regard to medication distributed to service users. Train and review staff meds administration.
- Report writing as and when required
- Running core team meetings.
- Ensure that Policies/Procedures and staff handbook are adhered to by all staff, taking appropriate informal action in the first instance, recording outcomes. Referring to the CEO should any further concerns arise.
- Support the creation of a caring atmosphere, ensuring person centred care for the service users, family members and staff, whilst maintaining the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Be aware of security of both the service users and the building reporting any issues to the CEO and/or maintenance team.
- Working with the support team to encourage service users to maintain pre-existing hobbies, and ensuring the availability of equipment and materials as required
- Encourage the support team, relatives and friends to participate in these activities
- Maintain good relationships with all multidisciplinary teams
- Liaise with staff offering support and encouragement and promoting best practice and high quality care at all times
- Show prospective service users and their relatives / representatives around the home
- Arrange for staff cover caused by unexpected absence, with the core team's assistance.
- Ensure all team members and colleagues conform to presentation standards at all times
- Support the management team to ensure that both you and your staff attend their annual mandatory training
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, training, supervision and development activities
- Inform the CEO of any incidents that occur when carrying out your duties
- Be aware of Health and Safety at Work Act and report any hazards to the CEO
- Be aware of the fire policy and respond to all fire alarms appropriately, ensure that fire audits are undertaken in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties
- Understand your duty to whistleblow if you witness bad practice or harm to a service user in the home
- To undertake any task or duty that is within range of skill, qualification and/or experience
- Ensure the home is 'inspection ready' for CQC, be the lead person for the inspection and able to provide any information inspectors ask for in a timely manner.
- LD/MH Nursing Experience to Band 7
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Active NMC PIN
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Willingness to participate in training & development
- In depth understanding of Infection Prevention and Control
- Excellent Clinical Skills
- Management Experience
- Salary to be commensurate with experience