Retain healthcare are currently recruiting for an exciting new position of a 'Reablement Support Worker' across all of Gloucestershire including: Cheltenham, Gloucester, the forest of Dean and The Cotswolds.
This role will be supporting elderly patients out of hospital back into their homes, supporting them to be independent and to engage back into their communities.
For this role you will need to be caring and genuinely have our service users best interests at heart.
No experience in care is required so if you are thinking about changing sectors this is a role where you can make a real difference and see the difference you are making to people's lives daily!
At Retain healthcare we provide extensive induction training covering all aspects of care from safeguarding to medication training, so you will feel confident going out into the community and supporting people who need support the most!
We offer a flexible approach to work and can offer temporary of permanent roles, alongside flexible hours such as part time or full time and a range of shift patterns! We also reward loyalty of our staff with on-going training to encourage and promote career progression such as supporting you to compete NVQ qualifications and support you in whichever role you would like to progress into!
Your aim is to encourage service users towards the maximum degree of independence and to engage in activities appropriate to their abilities. As a reablement carer you will be supporting adults in their own homes where your duties will include:
- Assisting service users when getting up in the morning including washing/bathing, dressing/undressing, maintaining their personal appearance and getting to bed in the evening.
- Helping with the preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary.
- Supporting access to the community and attending appointments.
- Providing assistance with toileting and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary.
- Encouraging and assisting with the management of medication, administering where necessary and monitoring health-related conditions such as dietary & fluid intake.
- Helping service users with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Full training is provided, including an extensive induction program and on-going training to promote career development.
- Flexible hours -Full time and part time, with hours usually between 7am to 2pm and 4pm to 11pm.
- We have a supportive office team to help and support you with any queries and provide advice.
- Competitive rates of pay, holiday pay, pension scheme
To be a successful Home Carer you will have the following skills and experience:
- A full UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
- Love working with people and enjoy giving back to your local community.
- Kind, caring and compassionate nature.
- Prior experience isn't necessary but experienced carers are very welcome. Full training is provided however NVQs and Diplomas are always beneficial.
For more information please call Georgia on 01242262700!