Retain healthcare are currently looking to expand our team of home care workers in a range of locations across Gloucestershire, including: Cheltenham, Gloucester and Tewkesbury.
We offer a flexible approach to working and have a true understanding of the work-life balance. We also reward training and loyalty by offering increased pay for NVQ and diploma qualifications, allowing you to develop and offering career progression.
In this role you will work in a variety of homecare settings where no two days are the same, you will be supporting people within the local area, ensuring they enjoy a good quality of life. The quality of the service can only be delivered by people like you, who want to make a difference to the individuals it supports.
Your aim is to encourage service users towards the maximum degree of independence and to engage in activities appropriate to their abilities. As a Home Carer your duties will include:
- Assisting service users when getting up in the morning including washing/bathing, dressing/undressing, maintaining their personal appearance and getting to bed in the evening.
- Helping with the preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary.
- Providing assistance with toileting and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary.
- Maintaining commodes, washing clothes and bed linen when necessary.
- Providing assistance with other tasks of personal daily living.
- Encouraging and assisting with the management of medication, administering where necessary and monitoring health-related conditions such as dietary & fluid intake.
- Helping service users with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence. This includes the use of aids and other personal equipment.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Full training is provided, including an extensive induction program and on going training to promote career development.
- Flexible hours -Full time and part time, with hours usually between 7am to 2pm and 4pm to 11pm.
- We have a supportive office team to help and support you with any queries and provide advice.
To be a successful Home Carer you will have the following skills and experience:
- A full UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
- Love working with people and enjoy giving back to your local community.
- Kind, caring and compassionate nature.
- Prior experience isn't necessary but experienced carers are very welcome. Full training is provided however NVQs and Diplomas are always beneficial.
For more information please call Georgia on 01242262700!