Retain Healthcare, Gloucestershire are currently recruiting support workers to work within specialist residential and supported living service on the outskirts of Cheltenham for ongoing shifts and ad hic work. You will be working alongside one of the country's leading specialist further education, training, personal development and residential services for people with physical and learning disabilities and acquired brain injuries.
Pay rates are £10 to £20 per hour (with holiday pay accrued separately)
Working with Retain Healthcare means that you will have:
- Weekly pay (PAYE not Umbrella so no hidden charges)
- FLEXIBLE hours - part time or full time, with a range of shifts including days and nights.
- Access to multiple high street discounts via the Blue Light scheme
- Free extensive training
- DBS Rebate Reimbursement
- 24/7 support from our highly experienced team
- Fast track registration available
- Application and access to your Rota via our mobile app
- Access to ongoing personal development
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- EAP - Employee assistance programme
- Free uniform (Where applicable)
The services are situated in the Ullenwood area of Cheltenham where they support children and young people with complex disabilities, helping them live a life as independently as possible. You will be working along a team of professionals providing personalised care to help residents enjoy many their interests such as Art, Craft, music, fashion and sport.
Your duties will be assisting with all aspects of daily living including personal care, medication and healthcare appointments along with accessing the local community and maintaining relations with family and friends. Additional activities may include:
- Trips to pubs and restaurants
- Music and discos
- Cinema and watching movies in the house
- Walking/exercise and some sport
- Art and craft sessions
- And whatever the residents personal hobby may be.
Requirements for this role:
*We Do Not Offer Sponsorship For These Roles*
- Minimum 6 months paid experience in care setting
- Experience complex care and LD an advantage but not essential
- Right to work in the UK
- Due to location, Driving Licence and own vehicle preferred but not essential.
- Completion of our online application form and able to provide proof of ID