This role is eligible for a £2000 joining bonus
A vacancy exists within Retain Healthcare for a Registered Manager in our Cheltenham branch; we are a dynamic homecare provider offering individuals support within their own homes. This role will include building relationships with local authorities, social care and health community teams. The main priority of this role is to ensure growth is maintained and targets are met and exceeded. The Manager will look to develop their own team of coordinators and customers
Areas we cover from the Cheltenham branch include, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Stroud, Forest of Dean, Cotswolds.
You are also supported from our own in-house recruitment and agency team suppling temporary and permanent staffing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* To ensure the branch continues to grow and develop its homecare service.
* To ensure coordinators and the branch overall hit their weekly KPI, covering areas such as the recruitment of new staff, number of packages taken on and the development of our private funding customer base
* Have an strong working knowledge of the Care Act and working to CQC guidelines.
* Ensure that you and the team work together to create travel effective rotas in advance and that customers have a consistent high-quality service from people they know.
* Monitor candidate applications and that all new staff are recruited using safer recruitment guidelines. Ensure staff are recruited through our values based recruitment procedures and that they are suitable to support vulnerable people.
* Ensure the branch keep effective relationships with the staff, have an understanding of their work requirements. Ensure the team roster effectively, skill matching to specific needs are managed effectively.
* You will be responsible for ensuring all staff supervisions and annual appraisals happen in the branch in line with company policy
* You will deal with any staffing issues and support them appropriately, talking to them about performance concerns raised as they arise. You need to manage poor performance in line with ACAS guidelines.
CONTACTS & COMMUNICATIONS
* Have strong communication and leadership skills and be able to build sound relationships with all of our customers
* Have an ability to develop the business through effective sales calls and sales meetings.
* Excellent customer service skills, nothing is to much trouble for our customers and the ability to make them feel important to us is key to a successful branch
* Build strong relationships with staff and work to our staff retention strategy, showing appreciation and recognition for the work that they do.
* Ensuring that records and legible, accurate, non-opinionated and to a good standard
* Ensure social media is up to date for your branch and meets our advertising guidelines
* Be the lead for GDPR for the branch
* Oversee disciplinaries and performance management of staff.
The holder of this post should be able to demonstrate:
* The branch and you, maintain integrity when dealing with matters of Customer confidentiality
* A willingness to undertake training to develop new skills
* A willingness to operate flexibility and to be accountable
* The ability to work without supervision while adhering to company policies
* An understanding of the needs of our Customers
* An understanding of our competitors, their pay and charge rates / incentives.
* Keep up to date on legislation and regulations
* Have Strong leadership skills
* Be Competent with budgets, Targets and understanding finances
* Be forward thinking, self-motivated and persistent.
* Be trustworthy, intuitive, organised and methodical
* Have excellent interpersonal skills
* Be approachable and quality oriented
* Able to handle complaints and resolve conflict
* Understanding of legislation including CQC KLOES, the Care Act and Care Certificate.
Must have a service management background
* Excellent Salary Bonus
* Optional Pension
* Company Mobile
* 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays