Senior Care and Support Worker
A permanent opportunity to join a professional team in Winscombe, Somerset to provide quality homecare care and support within one high end luxury village setting.
As a Senior Care and Support Worker, you will ensure the care and support services are delivered smoothly and efficiently and residents/customers are receiving the tailored care and support that they need. You will organise the staff rota and possess the ability to respond quickly to changing needs, often at short notice.
This is a seven day, twenty four hour service. Seniors will work on the Care and Support Workers' rota, tailored to hours of work and resident/customer needs. There is a requirement to work weekends and provide some out-of-hours on-call duties. You will be working 37.5 hours per week with a pay rate of £10.31 per hour weekdays and weekends £14.12 per hour.
You must have:
- Previous experience in a care role working in a nursing home, hospital, extra care housing or homecare setting
- Worked with older people and/or people with disabilities
- Have an understanding of the needs of people with dementia
- Have the ability to attend to personal care needs
- Achieved an advanced Diploma or NVQ level 3 in Care (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with a rostering/rota system
- Have a good working knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Word packages
My customer is offering a fantastic benefits package, which includes:
- 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays (Pro-rata)
- An annual salary review
- Contributory pension scheme upto 7.5%
- Life assurance at 4 x salary
- Subsidised restaurant, serving high quality food
- Extensive induction programme and training opportunities
- Occupational sick pay after 12 months service
- Free parking
- Summer and Winter staff celebrations
This really is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career with an employer who offers a luxury setting for their customers and looks after their staff.
Full job description and benefits package can be provided upon application.
#winscombe #somerset #bristol #westonsupermare #sandford