Care and Support Worker
A permanent opportunity to join a professional team in Winscombe, Somerset to provide quality homecare care and support within one high end luxury village setting.
Working within residents' within the customers' homes, using a tailored care packages to meet their individual needs. This can range from 15 minutes per week to more frequent daily help. Whatever the needs of the resident, the priority is to ensure they maintain control, choice and dignity at all times.
This is a seven day, twenty four hour service. Care and support workers will work on the Care and Support rota, tailored to hours of work and resident needs. There is a requirement to work weekends. You will be working 37.5 hours per week with a pay rate of £9.41 per hour weekdays and weekends £12.48 per hour.
What is important to the residents you will be supporting:
- It's good to have someone to talk to
- They spot when things are needed without the need to be prompted
- Must love people
- Foresight and initiative
- Good listening skills are crucial
- Being sensitive to how a resident is feeling
You must have:
- Previous experience in a care role working in a nursing home, hospital, extra care housing or homecare setting
- Worked with older people and/or people with disabilities
- Have an understanding of the needs of people with dementia
- Have the ability to attend to personal care needs
- Achieved an advanced Diploma or NVQ level 2 in Care (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with a rostering/rota system
- Completent using computers, email and systems for care plans and online risk assessments
My customer is offering a fantastic benefits package, which includes:
- 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays (Pro-rata)
- An annual salary review
- Contributory pension scheme upto 7.5%
- Life assurance at 4 x salary
- Subsidised restaurant, serving high quality food
- Extensive induction programme and training opportunities
- Occupational sick pay after 12 months service
- Free parking
- Summer and Winter staff celebrations
This really is an excellent opportunity to work for an organisation who want you to build your career with an employer who offers a luxury setting for their customers and looks after their staff.
Full job description and benefits package can be provided upon application.
#winscombe #somerset #bristol #westonsupermare #sandford