Your job search results: 3 Somerset Jobs
Your job search results:
3 Somerset Jobs
We are currently recruiting for compassionate and caring individuals who would like to develop their career in care, or are looking for a new opportunity!
As an 'Agency healthcare assistant' you will be supporting people in a range of residential and nursing settings across Bristol and surrounding areas. You will get all the benefits of a permanent worker along with the flexibility and choice that comes with agency work!
Retain Healthcare was developed from a family run business which has been running for over 30 years, providing a high quality service to customers and supporting our staff through learning and development. Our ethos is for continuous learning and includes 4 key ethos':
Retaining - Quality
Retaining - Independence
Retaining - Staff
Retaining - Skills
- Supporting those we care for to get up in the mornings and get ready for the day, including: Getting washed and dressed.
- Assisting with mobility through hoists and stand aids
- Provide personal care where required such as assisting to the toilet
- Providing companionship such as going out into the community to go shopping or to appointments. But also being there to provide emotional support throughout the day, and taking part in activities they enjoy.
- Working as a team with other healthcare professionals.
- The flexibility to work hours that suit you!
- On-going support from us through training and career development opportunities.
- Competitive rates of pay, plus holiday pay and enhanced nights, weekend and bank holiday rates
- Weekly pay
- FLEXIBLE working hours including: Full time or part time and a range of shift patterns.
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme of up to £300 per recommendation
- Pension scheme
- To be an agency worker you will be expected to 'hit the ground running', which is why we require a minimum of 6 months experience working in care.
- It would also be beneficial to be a driver, but this is not a requirement.
The high quality of our service can only be delivered by people like you who want to make a difference to the individuals we support. We rely on our Healthcare Assistants to leave a good impression to form part of our ongoing reputation in the local area.
For more information or to apply please contact Georgia on 01242262700!
Role: Registered nurse
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Our client is a well known and respected care provider for the elderly, providing nursing care, dementia care, end of life and respite care.
We are looking for an experienced RN to provide person centred care at a nursing home set in the scenic grounds of a retirement village in Winscombe. This home has been designed to create an environment where residents can enjoy everyday life no matter where they are on life's journey.
''Care and compassion are at the heart of everything we do. It's been that way for nearly 100 years and is the reason why we're well-known and respected for the quality of our care in Bristol and North Somerset''
Our client values their staff and promotes a friendly and team working environment, as a Registered nurse you will be a senior member of staff providing support and guidance to healthcare assistants, allocating and managing staff, and building relationships with residents.
As a Registered nurse your role will include:
- Assessing and monitoring residents' clinical needs, including referral to medical/multi-disciplinary specialists
- Liaising with multi-disciplinary teams and communicating with all staff members including catering and housekeeping
- Administer drugs and undertake clinical procedures, such as venepuncture, subcutaneous fluids, intravenous medication, catheterisation, wound care and PEG feeds
- Lead on complex clinical care needs
- Deliver and direct on end of life care, including liaising with palliative team
- Manage and direct in medical emergencies
- Maintain a positive working environment which supports the holistic care of individuals
- Managing a team of healthcare assistants
We are looking for someone with experience in the following areas:
- Experienced in social care for older people, dementia rehabilitation and short term care
- Experience of working in a nursing home, hospital or community environment with older people.
- Experience of contributing to development of practice policies and procedures
- Performance management of team members
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Writing and maintaining care plans
- Good practice in relation to health and safety, first aid, moving and handling, food safety and infection prevention.
A strong understanding of:
- Standards of record keeping
- Safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- The ageing process
- Enhanced pay rates for weekends and nights
- Contributory pension scheme
- Savings on shopping
- Access to gym/pool
- Extensive induction programme and training opportunities
- Free parking
- 29 days holiday, plus bank holidays (pro rata)
*To apply you must be a qualified RN registered with the NMC*
For more information please contact us on 01242262700!
Health Care Assistant - Days
Here at Retain Healthcare we are looking for enthusiastic and passionate carers to build on our expanding and experienced team. Skills can be trained but being kind and compassionate needs to come naturally.
At Retain Healthcare our Healthcare Assistants are invaluable to us delivering excellent quality and effective service to the Nursing, residential homes and learning disability establishments within Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Somerset, this includes local surrounding areas. Reliability and effective communication with the office team is essential to maintain a good relationship and ensuring full support is given at all times from both parties.
Retain Healthcare are a fresh innovative provider, with recruitment experts and an inhouse training team who have the knowledge and background to offer you the most up to date and comprehensive training in both social care and clinical care skills - Leading you into a career you can be proud of and rewarded for.
What we can offer you
The opportunity to work in a variety of care settings where no two days are the same, you will be supporting people within local care settings to enjoy a good quality of life and supporting good health and wellbeing.
The quality of this service can only be delivered by people like you who want to make a difference to the individuals we support. We rely on our Healthcare Assistants to leave a good impression to form part of our ongoing reputation in the local area.
We will continue to develop your skills through training to meet the needs and empower you to be the voice of Retain Healthcare.
The Four R's
Our Ethos is the 4 R's; Retaining Quality, Retaining Independence, Retaining Staff and Retaining Skills... so how do we do that? By demonstrating to you our commitment to offer a better solution;
We offer a flexible approach to working and have a true understanding of the work life balance. We offer a company pension scheme, paid holidays, night and weekend pay enhancements and first uniform for free. In addition we reward training and loyalty by offering increased pay for NVQ and diploma qualifications, local training and your own, personalised career development pathway. We have Guaranteed hours available and when you love what you do and we've shown you the retain way, recommend us to a friend for a bonus of upto £300!