You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Personal Assistant - Mere
Personal Assistant - Mere, Nr Warminster
Experienced Personal Assistants needed for full time night shifts starting at 20.00 and finishing at 08.00.
You will have a professional approach, promoting independent choices and providing continuity to this customer. You do not require previous experience, as requested by our customer, personaility and the right ethos is more important. Full training is provided.
As a Personal Assistant you must:
* Respect and maintain strict confidentiality
* Be open minded and have a flexible attitude
* Have an understanding of, and a commitment to, disability equality
* Take direction from your customer and work in accordance with their wishes
* Have good verbal and written communication skills
* Know when to use your initiative and when to take a back seat
* Be reliable and punctual
* Be willing to provide all personal care
* Be willing to perform domestic tasks, e.g. ironing, cleaning, washing clothes.
Things the customer may enjoy:
* Going to the cinema
* Looking after pets
* Keeping the house clean and tidy
* Listening to music
* Time alone
* Going out - this can be something as simple as going food shopping, to spending a couple of nights away. These trips will never put the customer or the Personal Assistant in any situation which would breach health and safety regulations and the agency will always be informed if you are going away over-night. Also, the Personal Assistant will never be asked to contribute financially for any travel costs.
As you can imagine, many of these activities are currently restricted due to COVID-19 and lockdown regulations, as a result there will be variations to the duties included in this ever evolving time.
Working for Retain you will receive many benefits including:
- Weekly pay
- Free DBS check within January 2021
- All of the benefits of a permanent employee with flexible Work to suit you
- Increased pay for NVQ / Diploma and Senior roles
- Enhanced Bank Holiday pay
- Pension Scheme
- Paid holidays
- Free Training
- Free 1st uniform
- Local training and your own career development pathway
- Retain Rewards - local discounts
- Guaranteed Hours available
- Recommend a friend bonus of up to £300 per introduction
Being a part of our team will include:
The quality of this service can only be delivered by people like you who want to make a difference to the individuals we support. We rely on our Personal Assistants to leave a good impression to form part of our ongoing reputation in the local area. We will continue to develop your skills through training to meet the needs and empower you to be the voice of Retain Healthcare
Our Ethos is the 4 R's, where we are always Retaining Quality, Retaining Independence, Retaining Staff and Retaining Skills.
This role may also be referred to as: Support Worker, Carer, Care Assistant, HCA, Healthcare Assistant, Care Giver.
COVID-19 volunteers welcome in all areas of Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire, Hampshire and Dorset