HOMECARE ASSISTANT - ROYAL WOOTTON BASSETT
We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic and caring individuals who would like to develop their career in care, or are looking for a new opportunity within the care sector!
No experience is required as we will provide you will a full training induction and shadow shifts, ensuring you are confident and knowledgeable along your transformation into a Homecare Assistant role!
As a Homecare Assistant you will be supporting people in their own homes to maintain their independence
In this role you will work in a variety of homecare settings where no two days are the same, you will be supporting people within Bath, Corsham, Radstock and the local surrounding villages, ensuring they enjoy a good quality of life. The quality of the service can only be delivered by people like you, who want to make a difference to the individuals it supports.
Your aim is to encourage the customer towards the maximum degree of independence and to engage in activities appropriate to their abilities. As a Homecare Assistant your duties will include:
- Assisting the customer when getting up in the morning including washing/bathing, dressing/undressing, maintaining their personal appearance and getting to bed in the evening.
- Helping with the preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary.
- Providing assistance with personal care and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary.
- Maintaining commodes, washing clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary.
- Providing assistance with other tasks of personal daily living that the customer cannot manage and providing general support as part of a caring team.
- Encouraging and assisting with the management of medication, administering where necessary and monitoring health-related conditions such as dietary & fluid intake.
- Helping service users with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence. This includes the use of aids and other personal equipment.
To be a successful Homecare Assistant you will have the following skills and experience:
- A full UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
- Love working with people and enjoy giving back to your local community.
- Kind, caring and compassionate nature.
- Prior experience isn't necessary but experienced carers are very welcome. Full training is provided however NVQs and Diplomas are always beneficial.
Benefits of working for Retain include:
- Competitive rates of pay, plus paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 24/7 on call support team
- New car, car lease scheme discount
- Guaranteed hour contracts available
- Weekly pay - Instant payment available
- Access to local and national discount with Blue Light Card
- Free first uniform and DBS check
- Flexible working hours including: Full time or part time and a range of shift patterns.
- Free training with our Skills for Care accredited training division
- On going support from us through training and career development opportunities
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme of up to £300 per recommendation
- Company Pension scheme with NEST
Retain Healthcare was developed from a family run business which has been running for over 30 years, providing a high quality service to customers and supporting our staff through learning and development. Our ethos is for continuous learning and includes 4 key ethos':
*Retaining Quality* *Retaining Independence* *Retaining Staff* *Retaining Skills*
The high quality of our service can only be delivered by people like you who want to make a difference to the individuals we support. We rely on our staff team to leave a good impression to form part of our ongoing reputation in the local area.
Retain healthcare are committed to safeguarding and will complete full employment checks in line with their safer recruitment process, including employment references and a DBS check.