You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Home Carer - Westbury & Warminister
Home Carer - Westbury & Warminster
We have a specific requirement for part time Home Carers to support people within the local community around Westbury and Warminister area.
Currently your working day would start at 8am until 11am, visiting customers to assist them to get out of bed, provide personal care, prompt medication, prepare breakfast. You will me promoting choice and independence where possible. You will revisit some customers between 12pm and 1.30pm, preparing lunch, assisting to the toilet, prompting medication. We are also looking for a Home Carer to assist with the bedtime routine between 6pm and 9pm.
Full training is provided and this is a long term, ongoing placement. You will be able to work every other weekend.
You will also be offered
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly Pay
- Paid holidays
- First uniform for free
- Free Training
- Discounted Car Lease Scheme
- Free DBS during December 2020 and January 2021
Retain Healthcare is a fresh, innovative provider covering the South West, with recruitment experts who have the knowledge and background to offer you the most up to date and comprehensive training in both social care and clinical care skills. They are committed to safeguarding and will complete full employment checks in line with their safer recruitment process, including employment references and a DBS check.
Your aim is to encourage customers towards the maximum degree of independence and to engage in activities appropriate to their abilities. As a Home Carer your duties will include:
- Assisting service users when getting up in the morning including washing/bathing, dressing/undressing, maintaining their personal appearance and getting to bed in the evening.
- Helping with the preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary.
- Providing assistance with toileting and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary.
- Maintaining commodes, washing clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary.
- Providing assistance with other tasks of personal daily living that the service user cannot manage and providing general support as part of a caring team.
- Encouraging and assisting with the management of medication, administering where necessary and monitoring health-related conditions such as dietary & fluid intake.
- Helping service users with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence. This includes the use of aids and other personal equipment.
To be a successful Home Carer you will have the following skills and experience:
- A full UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
- Love working with people and enjoy giving back to your local community.
- Kind, caring and compassionate nature.
- Prior experience isn't necessary but experienced carers are very welcome. Full training is provided however NVQs and Diplomas are always beneficial.
In addition to the vacancy we have multiple possible for Home Carers across Wiltshire, where you would be required to work full or part-time to complete shifts between 7am until 2pm and 4pm until 11pm on a rota basis.
Even if you've always thought about working in care but never made the move, the company is here to help, support and train you! Full training provided.
Work could be located across the whole of North Wiltshire including Chippenham, Malmesbury, Melksham, Cricklade, Purton, Royal Wootton Bassett, Lyneham, Devizes.