My client is an independent specialist provider for the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of adults with neurological conditions including acquired brain injury (ABI) and progressive neurological disorders. They registered the site towards the end last year and are about to open their doors to a new facility just outside Salisbury, during the first few days of February.
The onsite teams provide programmes of treatment, care and interventions led by an experience consultant in neurorehabilitation and on-site medical practitioner as well as registered nurses. They offer a 7-day a week therapy provision through physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, neuro psychologists as well as dedicated activities coordinator organising a range of vocational groups and one-to-one activities.
Reporting to the Ward Manager, you will be a core member of the Nursing team, delivering safe and effective nursing care and interventions to an often-complex caseload. You will support a team of staff in the provision of evidence-based nursing and therapeutic interventions in addition to managing all available resources to ensure the delivery of safe, cost effective and timely service provision within the framework of relevant legislation.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for supporting the wider team by providing effective clinical leadership to the immediate clinical team members to ensure effective day-to-day delivery of care and rehabilitation.
- Ensure individual's right to confidentiality is always maintained
- Ensure clear professional boundaries are always maintained
- Conduct risk assessments of patients' needs, formulate and update plans of care and associated risk documentation
- Provide clear and concise contemporaneous records and contribute to written reports
- Ensure continuity of care and rehabilitation through effective handovers and communication with interdisciplinary colleagues
- Carry out appraisals and one-to-one sessions with rehabilitation assistants
- Take responsibility for personal development and ensure training is up to date
- Deliver and support others in the delivery of high-quality nursing care
To report incidents, accidents, concerns, near-misses, non-conformities, and complaints to the Ward Manager.
- To be responsible for maintaining the safe custody of all medications and controlled drugs, ensuring that all related policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To handover accurate, sufficient, and relevant information to next shift to ensure patient safety.
Values and behaviours
The postholder will need to demonstrate competence in my clients shared values and behaviours including:
Working together as a team.
Continually to strive to give exceptional care
Always act with integrity and honesty
Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
This is a full time role - working 4 long days ( day and night shifts) up to 48 hours per week. All candidates must be educated to degree level or equivalent in nursing. All successful candidates must have evidence of continuing professional development a professional nursing registration and pin number.
Salary is dependent of salary banding and experience.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Suzannah on 0738447588 or send in your CV in a WORD format .