A permanent opportunity to join a professional team in Gloucester to provide quality care to residents of their Gloucester care home.
Working within residents' within the care home using a tailored care packages to meet their individual needs. This can range from requiring full support to lending a helping hand. Whatever the needs of the resident, the priority is to ensure they maintain control, choice and dignity at all times.
Care Assistants will work on the teams rota, tailored to hours of work and resident needs, Shifts times include 7.30am-2.30pm and 2.30pm-9pm There is a requirement to work alternating weekends. You will be working on either a full time or part time contract with a pay rate of £9.00 per hour weekdays and weekends £9.20 per hour.
What is important to the residents you will be supporting:
- It's good to have someone to talk to
- They spot when things are needed without the need to be prompted
- Must love people
- Foresight and initiative
- Good listening skills are crucial
- Being sensitive to how a resident is feeling
You must have:
- Previous experience in a care role working in a nursing home, hospital, extra care housing or homecare setting
- Worked with older people and/or people with disabilities
- Have an understanding of the needs of people with dementia
- Have the ability to attend to personal care needs
- Achieved an advanced Diploma or NVQ level 2 in Care (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with a rostering/rota system
- Competent using computers, email and systems for care plans and online risk assessments
My customer is offering a fantastic benefits package, which includes:
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays (Pro-rata)
- Pension scheme
- Meal provided at lunch time work working a long day
- Extensive induction programme and training opportunities
- Absence and sickness scheme
- Free Blue Light Card
This really is an excellent opportunity to work for an organisation who want you to build your career with an employer who offers a homely setting for their customers and looks after their staff.
Full job description and benefits package can be provided upon application.
#gloucester #permanent #Gloucestershire #caring #recruiting