Reablement Coordinator - Cheltenham Branch
Our Cheltenham team are seeking a caring, professional and hardworking person to join their thriving Homecare team!
Covering the Gloucestershire area the primary responsibility of a Reablement Coordinator, is to become an ambassador to maintain high standards with the hospital discharge process to when care ends. Supporting the Community based team, other Coordinators and management team to Retain Quality within the community. Promoting positive outcomes using the reablement model.
As well as encouraging clients to in the community to maintain the maximum degree of independence and to engage in activities appropriate to their abilities, you will be delivering a high level of healthcare by effectively distributing clients and staff. As a Reablement Coordinator you will be;
- Completing initial contact forms, gathering essential information
- Effectively allocating work to carers
- Scheduling work load to other providers with the group
- Inputting accurate information into Webroster
- Auditing of files and care plans
- Ensuring your Reablement Lead has completed community based risk assessments
- Use of technology to support the reablement programme
- Obtaining upto date information from the multidisciplinary team
- Quality monitoring
- Monitoring staff observations
- Mentoring new starters and support existing staff
- Speaking with the recruitment team to ensure capacity is maintained and grown
- Care plan reviews
- On-Call duties when required
- Identifying training needs of staff
- Supporting management with safeguarding referrals
- Supporting healthcare staff with the safe use of new equipment
- Completing these duties alongside the usual office administration involved
- Coordinating timesheets for accurate payment of care staff
CONTACTS & COMMUNICATIONS
- Interaction with clients, families and associates of clients, multidisciplinary teams, colleagues, coordinators and management
- Reporting and monitoring any additional support needs
- Acknowledging and responding to concerns
- Liaising with other areas of the organisation, including training
- Contacting clients to arrange care plan reviews
You should be able to demonstrate, or quickly acquire through appropriate training:
- To maintain integrity when dealing with matters of confidentiality
- Effective communication skills
- A willingness to undertake training to develop new skills
- A willingness to operate flexibility and to be accountable
- The ability to work without supervision while adhering to company policies
- An understanding of the needs of our business
You will be using your excellent communication skills to build and maintain successful professional relationships. You will have the confidence to request meetings face to face and engage with candidates and clinical leads and managers alike. You will work well under pressure maintaining effective interpersonal skills.
With the ambition and determination to succeed, you will have the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team, working together to excel in both service, productivity and growth.
As a company who strive to deliver exceptional communication, you will develop relationships with our customers and staff. Develop and maintain customer database and successfully coordinate shift allocation in a fast paced environment.
You will have an understanding of the Retain Healthcare Ethos and ensure we are caring, honest and reliable. Ensure that safeguarding policies and practises are always adhered to.
As a Reablement Coordinator you can expect a starting salary of £18,500 to £20,000, Contributory Pension Scheme, sector specific training, 28 days holiday (Including Bank Holidays), free parking and career development opportunities and promotion opportunities from within.
You will have the opportunity to work in an experienced and professional team who have a wide range of skills, experience and diverse backgrounds to support your development.